Thursday, April 22, 2010

TURBULENT DAY


We woke up to rain this morning which is really unusual for here. Then until 4:00 pm there were at least 5 tornado's in the area. Luckily, none of them were within 5 miles of the farm. Last June we had a tornado in the field by the house. You can see pics of the storm over the barn in a previous post. I am a trained weather spotter but there wasn't anything to spot today. We had hail and lots of wind but NOAA isn't interested in that unless it is excessive. We got 3/10th of an inch of rain out of it. We will take it! I really overloaded myself with tv coverage, police radio coverage, weather radio and regular radio. I finally turned it all off so I could settle down. I could tell we weren't going to blow away by then anyway. Oh yes, I forgot the radar on the internet. There was way too much technology for this tiny brain. My husband went to town to work out at the gym and said that there was penny size hail in town (about 10) miles south of the farm. Our hail was much smaller than that and lots of it but not enough to hurt the crops.


Tomorrw will be a good bird watching day. We have what is called a "bird drop" during storms so that the migrating birds will stopp off until it is safe for them to go on. You just never know what you will find at the feeder. I had lots of Grackles. They have a right to live too but I hate providing seed for them because they are like pigs and eat up all of my sunflower seed. The three Harris' Sparrows are still here. Someone saw two in town today so I don't have the ONLY H Sparrows in the county. Darn. I took an Ambien and now I'm having trouble spelling my words correctly. Don't hold it against me. There has been lots going on the last few days plus today was my Mother's birthday. She passed a year ago on April 30th. Happy Birthday Mom. I made you and the whole staff at the nursing home fresh apples pies!!!!! It was so much fun.


I'm going to insert a picture of my wonderful mother in this post. She was a sweetie pie. I miss her.

No comments: